The Mountain is an artwear brand dedicated to creating sustainable, beautiful designs that you can feel good about wearing. They’ve been doing ethical design since before it was cool. They believe in three core values: sustainability, individuality, and community.
Click this link to learn more about The Mountain and their three core values.
They were founded in 1972 by two lifelong friends, and since then they’ve focused on finding innovative ways to keep their brand eco and community friendly.
- Created a system that recycles over 4,000,000 gallons of water.
- Implemented an automatic screen washing system that recycles 50% of its process water.
- Converted all of the lighting in their buildings to use energy efficient LED bulbs.
- Eliminated thousands of pounds of plastic by converting to direct to screen printing,
- Switched to 100% recycled cardboard for shipping.
- Installed filtered water refilling stations in their offices to reduce plastic bottle waste.
- Ensured that their t-shirts are produced without any harmful chemicals or dyes.
They partner with global artists around the world and local charities to bring gorgeous, unique designs right to your closet that you can feel good about supporting and wearing. How’s that for positive impact?